Before an international employee can make a decision about
relocating to the U.S. there are many questions that need to be addressed in
addition to the new employment offer. Often, these questions center on becoming
more familiar with the area and it’s resources. For families, considerations
such as transferring schools and credits, or special needs programs are
high-priority concerns. Additionally, if both parents are working or if
the employee is a single parent, choices for daycare and preschool
opportunities may need to be explored very early on.
Pre-Decision Services options:
- Pre-trip correspondence via email and phone conversation.
- Meeting for overview of area; discussion of neighborhoods and
- Customized package with information on neighborhoods, local activities, hospitals...
- Guided city tour
- Visit of up to 3 houses/condos/apartments as a sample of the local real estate market
- Review Georgia State curriculum, local district policies, enrollment and
registration requirements and procedures.
- Research appropriate preschools, public K-12 schools, private
schools, or universities as needed.
- Schedule accompanied, custom tour of public and/or private
schools in desired areas; coordinate meeting with administrators or support
staff as available.